Although many users do not need to have administrator permissions, for the most advanced and experienced is a very useful practice, and even necessary to give a facelift to their smartphones. Therefore, in this article we will share with you the most practical way to root almost any Xiaomi There are many tricks that we will find on the Internet, but this time we will use a tool that will simplify the task we are going to carry out. In addition, we will use a program designed exclusively for Xiaomi terminals, Redmi and POCO , so we will not serve for other phone brands.
First of all
If we want to complete this process, we must first have a whole series of steps that we will explain in this section. Without them, it will be impossible to root the terminal.
USB debugging and OEM
The first thing to do is to activate the ‘developer options’ of our Xiaomi phone. The steps we need to follow are as follows:
- Go into Settings and tap on the option called About phone.
- Tap several times on MIUI Version until a message appears confirming that the developer options are already enabled.
- Next, go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Then, also within Developer Options tap on the option of My Unlock Status > I Agree. Here, it will be important that we disable the Wi-Fi of the device and enable mobile data, because in this way the Xiaomi servers will check if we are the owner of the smartphone and the account we are using is ours > click on Add account and device.
Open the bootloader
Although, most likely you already have one on your Xiaomi phone. So, you should only check that it is well associated from Settings > Mi Account. In addition, check that you also have a recovery mobile number associated with it. Most of all, because if we do not have it, we can not check vital information to open the bootloader of the Chinese mobile. Of course, we recommend you to make a backup, because it will erase all data from the device. You can do it quickly from Settings > Additional settings > Backup and restore. In addition, it will be necessary to have at hand a computer with Windows operating system, preferably with the latest version. Also, we will need to download the tool ‘Mi Unlock‘ from Xiaomi and have at our fingertips a USB cable. Finally, we will need to download the latest version of Mi Flash on the PC from this website. Then, we will have to follow these steps:
- Next, we will open Mi Flash, unzip the files and, finally, we will have to run a document with the name ‘XiaomiMiFlash‘ and accept the necessary permissions for installation to install the necessary drivers of the device.
- Now, we will open the executable of Mi Flash Unlock. Here inside, we will need to log in with our Xiaomi account that we have associated on the Chinese phone. Also, we may be sent a message on the phone for verification.
- Connect the device to the computer enter fastboot mode. With the phone off, turn it on and leave pressed the power button > reboot and hold down the volume down button until the famous Xiaomi drawing appears (if it does not work you try holding the power and volume down buttons).
- Back to the PC, specifically, the Unlock Tool program. There, we should leave our terminal and, as it could not be otherwise, in the Status tab will be Locked , which means that it is still blocked > click on Unlock.
We will mark a few days, that is the time we must wait to return to perform these steps: enter fastboot mode, open the program and click again on Unlock. At the time the process ends, nothing will come out in the program and the terminal will begin to reboot by itself. In ‘This Device is locked‘ we will have to press in ‘Activate this device‘. Basically, we must enter our Mi account that we have associated with the Chinese device. To do this, we must be connected to the Internet, mobile data or Wi-Fi.
Install a custom recovery
For this process, it will be necessary that we introduce the tool XiaMiTool V2 (which later we will also use to root the Xiaomi). Therefore, you will have to download it from its website. Once installed on the PC, you must connect via USB the mobile to the computer and open the tool > OK > select the region of your phone > tap on the Choose option (which appears below the left mobile) > enable debugging from the message that appears on your smartphone. Then click on the Select option that appears in the tool. Now the device enters Fastboot. Once that process is finished > tap on Mods, root and twrp. The best thing about this program is that it will search for the specific recovery for our phone, so we don’t have to do it on our own. Now, tap on the first option called Twrp recovery > Continue. When it finishes installing, the phone will reboot and we will appear inside the recovery mode.
Root your Xiaomi
This is the moment of truth, because once we have completed all the above steps, we will not have to do anything else. We will only have to root the Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO. Of course, it will be important that you follow all the above steps so that the terminal is not unusable, ie ‘brickeado’. Close the program XiaMiTool V2 and reopen it, with the phone connected. Tap on the Choose option (the one on the left, since our phone works normally) > Select > click on Mods, root and twrp. Inside this window, we must click on the option called Root with Magisk. Basically, what we will get is to download and install this program (in its latest version) on the Chinese device > Continue. At that time, the terminal will reboot in recovery mode to be able to flash this app. When the process is finished, we will have already rooted the Xiaomi. To check if it has been done correctly, it will be time to use another application called Root Checker. Root Checker