Do you have AirPods and need to reset it because you are having some issues with the earphone. Through this article, we will learn how to format the AirPods, regardless of the type of problem you are facing.
How to format it for AirPods
While AirPods remain one of the most popular audio devices today, accounting for 29% of the wireless earbuds market, some issues can still arise between them and the iPhone, sound and general functions. Fortunately, there is a comprehensive solution to these problems by formatting the AirPods.:
- Put the AirPods into the charging case, and close the cover for at least 30 seconds, this will restart your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
- Open your iPhone operating system and under Settings select on Bluetooth.
- Click on the “i” icon next to the AirPods.
- Select Forget This Device again to confirm. This disconnects your AirPods and removes them from all devices that you’re signed in to using the same Apple ID.
- Press and hold the settings button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds while opening the lid until the color of the charging case changes to white.
- Leave the cover open. Leave the charging case near the iPhone to reconnect.
How to factory reset your AirPods without a phone
Don’t have your phone with you? not a problem. It’s easy to format your AirPods without the need for your iPhone. Here are the steps you need:
- Put the two AirPods in the charging case and open the cover.
- Locate the setup button on the back of the AirPods case. Press and hold the setup button for 15 seconds. The status light should change from a blinking flash to white.
- Close the lid by the end of this step, your AirPods are completely mashed.
What do you do when the AirPods are not formatted after performing all the previous steps?
Even after trying all the above-mentioned steps, there may be cases where the AirPods are not formatted. If this happens you have to clean the airpods and the charger case, you will need to wipe it with a clean cloth or towel dampened with 70% isopropyl alcohol. All you have to do is focus on the end of the speaker and the inside of the charging case.
If you find some problems with dirt that is difficult to remove, you can also use a thin tool such as a needle.
How to remove the Apple ID of the AirPods
If you see a message that the AirPods are connected to another Apple ID, in this case you will need to remove the Apple ID of the AirPods. Here are the steps you need:
- Open your iPhone and tap on the Find My app.
- Tap on the Devices option and tap on AirPods.
- Swipe down and select Remove this device.
- And if the iPhone is far from the headset and not connected, in this case you will need to format the AirPods.
The convenience of the AirPods is unparalleled, you can format your AirPods as easily as other headphones, no matter what problem you may have while using the AirPods, you will be able to solve it within minutes by formatting it and removing all its data so that you can enjoy the clear and loud sound Without any problems.