Looking for a way to free up storage space on your Apple Watch? You should consider getting rid of content and apps you no longer need. In the following article you will find the method to delete an app on an Apple Watch.
Check the storage space of your Apple Watch
The low storage space of Apple’s connected watch can cause some problems. Unlike smartphones (iPhone), the first Watch models have a storage capacity not exceeding 8 GB.
Users who have opted for an Apple Watch with low storage capacity are too often reduced to hunting for unnecessary data. Indeed, it only takes a few dozen music tracks, a few podcasts or a handful of applications to fill the memory of the Apple Watch.
Fortunately, a few simple actions are enough to free up space in your Watch. But before you get into the big moves, let’s see which apps use the most storage space on your device.
- Take your iPhone in hand
- Launch the Watch application
- Click on the general tab and then on about
- You’ll see a list of apps sorted by size
- Scroll through the list and check the name of the app (music, activity, photos etc…) using the most storage memory
- This window will also show you the total capacity and amount of space available on your watch
This verification can also be done directly from the Apple Watch. To do this, simply open the settings of the device and click on general and use. Once the culprit(s) have been identified, you can clean up your apps. Below are some tips on how to restore your Apple Watch from a backup.
Delete music on your Apple Watch
You’ve just taken stock of your storage space. You now know what kind of content occupies the most space on your watch. You will certainly see some applications that you forgot existed.
You delete the items you no longer need. Fortunately, you don’t need to be a geek or a computer expert to perform this type of operation. Here is the procedure to follow to delete an application on the Watch.
Apart from apps, it is usually music tracks and podcasts that take up the most space. If you’re used to syncing music on your Apple Watch, you might want to consider doing a little spring cleaning.
It’s handy to be able to listen to music on your Apple Watch using Bluetooth headphones, especially when you’re not near your iPhone. However, be careful that this function does not take up too much space on your watch. Here’s how to delete music on your Watch app.
- Open the Watch application on your iPhone
- Click on the my watch tab placed at the bottom of the screen
- Click on the my music section
- Click on the edit button placed at the top right
- Press the delete button (red with the minus symbol) placed in front of the music you want to delete from your Apple Watch
Important detail, the music deleted from your watch remains on your iPhone. The Apple smartphone also has a function that allows you to synchronize the songs and playlists most often played. Remember to deactivate it